This committee has been formed at KES to address issues under THE SEXUAL HARASSMENT OF WOMEN AT WORKPLACE (PREVENTION, PROHIBITION AND REDRESSAL) ACT, 2013. The purpose of this committee is to :
– To act as Inquiry Authority on a complaint of sexual harassment.
– To ensure that complainant and witnesses are not victimized or discriminated because of their complaint.
– To take proactive measures towards sensitization of all those.
The Bill defines sexual harassment at the work place and creates a mechanism for redressal of complaints. It also provides safeguards against false or malicious charges. Every employer is required to constitute an Internal Complaints Committee at each office or branch with 10 or more
– The Complaints Committees have the powers of civil courts for gathering evidence.
– The Complaints Committees are required to provide for conciliation before initiating an inquiry, if requested by the complainant.
The Presiding Officer and every Member of the Internal Committee shall hold office for such period, not exceeding three years, from the date of nomination
The following committee members are appointed under section 4 of this Act:
Dr. Lily Bhushan Principal, KES Shroff College of Arts and Commerce, 02228072477
Dr. Vanitha Esaimani, Assistant Professor, Bcom 8551874813
Samita Sen Gupta, Assistant Professor, Bcom 9167097475
Mansi Goradia, Assistant Professor, Self finance Courses 9920555984
Vaishali Ojha Assistant Professor, Self finance Courses 7023360200
Srinivasan Iyer Assistant Professor, Bcom 9969688646
Member from NGO
Non- Teaching Member